Sunday, November 20, 2011

Metal and Nature

Riverside Park, New York City

Bridge metal at Riverside Park in New York City
"An excellent man, like precious metal, is in every way invariable; A villain, like the beams of a balance, is always varying, upwards and downwards." John Locke

Today I am posting another photograph that was shot at Riverside Park. This is the third in the series. Love and Age vs Matter were also photographed at this beautiful park which is often over-looked because of Central Park.

This bridge can be seen somewhere around 75th Street and the last time I was walking there it caught my eye. Metal, trees and water puddles all come together to form chaotic symmetry which in my opinion is beautiful.

The color of the metal beams in the photograph are green...almost the same color as the tree on the side and that is why I converted it to black and white so it will create contrast and distinction. 

I think that Riverside Park offers more opportunity for photographs then Central Park. At Riverside Park you have that one thing that can't be beaten...water.

This photograph was shot using a cheap compact camera then converted to black and white using PS CS4.

1 comment:

  1. I really like what you have done. Your photos show a totally different world from where I live. And black and white looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete