Thursday, September 1, 2011

Age vs Matter

Riverside Park, New York City

Hipstamatic iPhone New York City Pictures
"Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional." Chili Davis

This photo was captured at Riverside Park, Upper West Side and is part of the Hipstamatic photography series of New York, Manhattan.


While on my usual daily walk, I came across this friendly 86 year old guy. I could not stop looking at him doing his exercise. He was more flexible than I would ever be. After he was done he came up to me and we chatted for a while. He said he was a dancer when he was younger. He was also the one who came up with the quote, a quote that I've never heard before but now is stored deep down in my mind. He made it very clear that age is just a number and just because you reach a certain limit doesn't mean you have to stop doing certain things. And I thank those interesting people, otherwise I would have nothing to photography, except the beautiful architecture of Manhattan NY.

This is something that I really love about New York. People don't care what other people think of them. I love the as-long-as-I-am-not-hurting-anybody-then-I'm-doing-nothing-wrong mentality and I wish everyone was like that.

The settings on the Hipstamatic camera for this photography series were Lucifer VI/BlacKeys SuperGrain. A few final touches were done in Photoshop CS4.

No comments:

Post a Comment