Saturday, February 11, 2012

Wilderness

Black and white close up shot of a wild flower
A macro shot of a wild flower

Once again I faced myself with the black and white versus color dilemma but today I really couldn't choose so I am posting both.

The top photo is the original photo, converted to black and white, while the bottom photo is cropped piece from the black and white picture.

I don't know the name of this flower but I would guess it's a wild flower. I noticed the tree, which was mostly barely but for a few of these flowers while I was taking a walk today. The weather was terrible...strong winds and it was changing from sunny to cloudy in a matter of seconds.

When it comes to macro photography I am still learning the ropes and while it's beautiful it requires a tremendous amount of patience and dexterity, especially since I don't carry a tripod around with me. I still have a lot to learn but as they say, practice makes perfect.

This photo was shot using my Canon 40D with a 60mm macro lens, then edited in Photoshop CS4

No comments:

Post a Comment