Monday, February 13, 2012

Pride

A close up of an eagle in black and white
"Don't quack like a duck, soar like an eagle." Ken Blanchard

This photo is a couple of years old and when I found it on my hard drive collecting dust I instantly remembered the pain this photo caused to get one that is in focus.

First of all the eagle was not flying in the wild, but it was at a bird park. When it was it's turn to fly and show off everybody suddenly jumped off their seats to the front with their cameras. That was the beginning of a near impossible task. Then came out the eagle and believe me when I say that they fly way too fast and these were still my early days of photography so I was not sure what I was supposed to do.

Finally when it was taking a break I captured this photo which in my opinion turned out great. I was quite happy with it. Once again I faced the dilemma...color or black and white. I picked out the black and white and decided that from today onwards most of the photos I upload are going to be in black and white.

This photo was shot with a Canon 40D using EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens and edited in Photoshop CS4.

No comments:

Post a Comment