Monday, January 9, 2012

Serenity

Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York City

"Chaos is inherent in all compounded things. Strive on with diligence." Buddha 

From the very first time I've seen this statue I felt enthralled to take a photo of it. I've tried several times only to be disappointed but then I realized that this statue was so beautiful that it takes a master to be able to photograph it up to its standards. So I settled to this one which is much better than the previous ones I've shot.

The light falls beautifully on the statue and it almost makes it feel that it's real. I could not stop staring at it. The shadow that the light is creating behind it looks like wings coming out from the back. It looks exactly that way if you see in real life...the same as you see it in the photograph.

Of all the Buddhas I've seen, for some reason or another I prefer the slim and slender ones. In my opinion they look more serene and graceful. I have nothing against big-boned people, it's just a matter of opinion when it comes to Buddha.

This black and white photograph was captured on my iPhone using the Hipstamatic app. Some minor editing was done in PS CS4. Settings for Hipstamatic were BlacKeys B&W/Lucifer IV.

2 comments: