Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Girl Waiting For the Bus

Midtown Manhattan

A woman waiting for the bus in Manhattan
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known" Carl Sagan

I was never particularly good in shooting candid street portraits mainly because of the fear of someone snapping at me and embarrassing me but often times I can't resist. This was the case in this photo.

This young woman was waiting in the same bus shelter we were waiting at. She looked like she just got up from her bed and rushed out but she looked beautiful nonetheless. It always fascinates me how some women, even if they try to look bad, they still look amazing, while others no matter how hard they try to look good, they still don't. Some or blessed than the others I guess.

Anyway this photo was shot very close to Macy's which in my opinion is even more chaotic than Times Square but I just love the area. If you have an artist block just head down there and you will quickly overcome it.


This black and white photograph was captured on my iPhone using the Hipstamatic app. Some minor editing was done in PS CS4. Settings for Hipstamatic were BlacKeys B&W/Lucifer IV.

No comments:

Post a Comment