Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Door

Valletta, Malta

Door to the Parliament in Valletta, Malta
"Knowledge of what is does not open the door directly to what should be." Albert Einstein

Today I am posting another photograph of my Valletta by Night tour. This photo was shot just opposite the location of my previous photo. 

Today the building is where the Parliament meets but it has a lot of history. It was built by the Knights of St.John and it was their residence. It's simply enormous inside and full of grandeur. The Knights sure did have good taste regarding architecture and location. 

It was recently restored too and it looks nicer than ever. Add the night ambient to it and you have some eye candy. It always baffles me that a building that was built around 1560 is still standing there and has a purpose. I always try to imagine the lush life that those Knights lived back then.

This black and white photograph was captured on my iPhone using the Hipstamatic app. Some minor editing was done in PS CS4. Settings for Hipstamatic were BlacKeys B&W/Lucifer IV.

No comments:

Post a Comment