Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Blessing

Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York City

A Buddha statue at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City
This piece of art right here in the photograph has to be one of my ultimate favorite sculpture. There is so much detail in it that looking at it leaves you breathless. The first time I saw it I have to be honest and say that I didn't give it much attention. I gave it a quick look and just walked by.

The second time and all the other times it has been different. Every time I go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art this is the one piece that I always have to see, together with the 'Spring' painting by Pierre-Auguste Cot. I will never tire of those two pieces and I wish I could have them in my living room but then I am afraid I will do nothing but stare at them for endless hours.

This black and white photograph was captured on my iPhone using the Hipstamatic app. Some minor editing was done in PS CS4. Settings for Hipstamatic were BlacKeys B&W/Lucifer IV.

No comments:

Post a Comment