Friday, January 6, 2012

The Way of Light

Valletta, Malta

Valletta at Night
"Who is more foolish, the child afraid of the dark or the man afraid of the light?" Maurice Freehill
I have always thought that the night is more colorful than the day and I tend to enjoy sightseeing more after the sun sets. Sometimes you can see things that you can't see during the daytime.

This photo was shot in Valletta at the newly refurbished square that's by the Parliament. A few years ago it used to be sitting there in pitch black but now it's really breathtaking to just walk over there at night.

It was one of those moments where I wished I was carrying my professional camera but since I only had my iPhone with me I had to do the best I can with it. The photo is raw, no editing, no light metering...just a simple point and shoot. It was shot using the Hipstamatic app and converted to black and white using the iPhone.


1 comment: