Saturday, January 21, 2012

Staircase

The Stairs

A stairway at a school in Malta
"I do have a blurred memory of sitting on the stairs and trying over and over again to tie one of my shoelaces, but that is all that comes back to me of school itself." Roald Dahl

I couldn't have found a more appropriate quote than the one included with this photo. In this photo we have a stairway, a stairway at the school I teach at. Looking at the photo makes me wonder how many times I've been up and down those stairs in the last few years.

I don't know if it's just me, but lately I've started to realize that school is not the same as when I used to be the student instead of the teacher. We had more respect towards teachers...we were actually scared of them and discipline was actually a good thing. Today it's frowned upon. I also realized that school, for most parents, is that institution where you can send your kids to to get rid of them for a few hours.

Anyway back to the photo. This school is one of the oldest in Malta and a lot claim that it's also one of the best on the island. When I took this photo I had to do it quick as I had students with me and I had no time to take an elaborate picture...I just had to literally point and shoot.

This black and white photograph was captured on my iPhone using the Hipstamatic app. Some minor editing was done in PS CS4. Settings for Hipstamatic were BlacKeys B&W/Lucifer IV.

No comments:

Post a Comment