Friday, November 11, 2011

Smoke in the City

New York City

A New York City Scene
"As a remedy to life in society I would suggest the big city. Nowadays, it is the only desert within our means." Albert Camus

This photograph was shot somewhere in downtown Manhattan on the East Side. I can't really remember exactly where.

When I first saw those smoke emitting devices in Manhattan I could not understand why and how they work. I still don't know nowadays but deep in the abyss of my mind they are more acceptable than they were before. 

In real life it might not look pretty, but it sure does bring out more character in a photograph. Apart from that, we can also see some pedestrians, probably on their way to work. 

What's nice about this photograph is that even though it was shot in Manhattan (which is synonymous with busyness) it looks very serene and quiet. 

This black and white photograph was captured on my iPhone using the Hipstamatic app. Some minor editing was done in PS CS4. Settings for Hipstamatic were BlacKeys B&W/Lucifer IV

No comments:

Post a Comment