Thursday, November 10, 2011

Elements

Valletta, Malta

Valletta waterfront, Malta
"Blue, green, grey, white, or black; smooth, ruffled, or mountainous; that ocean is not silent." H.P. Lovecraft

A few days ago I posted a photograph entitled Past and Present which was shot at the Valletta Waterfront. The photograph today is also shot at the Valletta Waterfront but this time it's from the other side. 

The white tents are all tents for outdoor eating at various different restaurants. You could say you are basically eating on top of the ocean. I believe this is as close as you can get to eating by the ocean.

A few steps down, you can find the main harbor, where cruise ships come in. There was one when I took this photograph but since I was not carrying my DSLR I couldn't really bring it in the photography too (not much control) so I had to settled to two different pictures...one of this and one of the ship. 

The ocean you see here is part of the Mediterranean Ocean and the architecture has been there for several hundred years. I like the idea of mixing old with new and this project turned out to be excellent. It's one of my favorite places to visit while in Malta.

This photograph was shot using my iPhone. No app was used, just the iPhone's normal camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment