Saturday, November 12, 2011

Lonely Road

Zabbar, Malta

A deserted road in the middle of nowhere
"Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose." Tom Krause
I am glad I took a photograph of this road when I did. Recently they have started major road works on it and I have a feeling that it's not going to look  the same again.

Since I was a child I have always loved passing through here. My father always complained that the road is so bad that it breaks the car. Now that I am older and I am driving I totally understand what he meant. There are potholes of unimaginable sizes. But I have always felt that it was bursting with character. Even though it was not really in the middle of nowhere, you always felt like you are on unbound territory.

I am happy that finally we can drive through this quarter of a mile without worrying about potholes but I am also disappointed that the way they are reconstructing the street it will not longer pack any character.

This black and white photograph was captured on my iPhone using the Hipstamatic app. Some minor editing was done in PS CS4. Settings for Hipstamatic were Inga 1969/Lucifer IV

No comments:

Post a Comment