Friday, November 18, 2011

Colors of New York City

New York City

Colorful and Beautiful Architecture in New York City

Every person on the streets of New York is a type. The city is one big theater where everyone is on display.Jerry Rubin
This is my 84th photograph and I have never faced such dilemma. Today I couldn't decide whether to work with the color photograph or convert it to black and white. I liked both pictures and couldn't just pick one so for today we have a double entry...two versions of the same photograph.

One thing I instantly fell in love with when I first arrive in New York City was the architecture and the colors. Coming from a country where the buildings are bland and all limestone yellow this was beauty to me. I love the contrast that these beautiful buildings create...a red building with black fire escape ladders or darker buildings with white ladders. Add a beatiful clear blue sky, (or for a better effect I prefer a dull, greyish one) and the colors of the trees and you will be walking among art.

When I was younger, I never thought that it'd be possible to fall in love with a city, but New York City was love at first sight and it's the kind of love that will never die.

This photograph was shot with a compact camera. Editing, including the black and white conversion was done in PS CS4.

No comments:

Post a Comment