Wednesday, November 30, 2011

By Bicycle

New York City

Bicycles parked in New York City
"The bicycle is a curious vehicle. Its passenger is its engine." John Howard
Some might consider New York City as not a bicycle safe city but others tend to think differently. What I think is that bicyclists (especially deliver men) are as dangerous on the road as taxi drivers.

So far I have never driven a bicycle in New York City so I can't really give it a review but from what I see, driving one in Central Park must be fun. I would think twice before I go out driving one on the road though even if there are bicycle lanes available.

Anyway as you can see bicycles are the subject of this photograph that I shot last summer. I often see a lot of them parked in my neighborhood and it never occurred to me that they can actually look nice in a photograph until I shot this one.

This photograph was captured on my iPhone using the Hipstamatic app. Some minor editing was done in PS CS4. Settings for Hipstamatic were BlacKeys B&W/Lucifer IV.

No comments:

Post a Comment