Saturday, October 22, 2011

To the Cross

Kalkara, Malta

A cemetery chapel in Kalkara, Malta
"War is the cemetery of futures promised." John Cory
I have been visiting this cemetery since I was a little kid. There is a very nice scenic walk around it and every Sunday we used to go there with the family to walk along the ocean. Today I am a grown up and every now and then I still feel the urge to go and walk there. 

I have always found this particular place alluring. The cemetery is now neglected. It is mostly full with Maltese people who died from the Cholera before and during WWII. People have pleaded for it to be restored and be taken care of as it's considered as a historical site. All pleads have gone unanswered. 

Please note that I have added the grain in the sky on purpose to make the picture more dramatic. 

This black and white photograph was captured on my iPhone using the Hipstamatic app. Some minor editing was done in PS CS4. Settings for Hipstamatic were BlacKeys B&W/Lucifer IV

No comments:

Post a Comment