Monday, October 3, 2011

Poetic Dreamer

"But the delights of solitude don't only consist of dreaming. Next in enjoyment, I think, comes planning." Anna Neagle
Is he lonely? Does he have any friends? Maybe his parents were at work and he needed something to eat? These are all questions that I was asking myself when I sat across this boy at the BK Bar close to Times Square. The entire time he was looking out the window as if he was thinking hard, or maybe dreaming. From what I could see he was very well dressed and very well-mannered but I couldn't help the fact that he was very deep, much deeper than children his age.

By the time it was time to leave he was still sitting there looking out the window and I kept thinking about him for the rest of the day. It's not rare in New York City to see a child like him wandering the streets by him/herself but as I said before, it was the fact that this boy was deep that brought him up to my attention. 

The way he was dressed and looking made him the perfect subject for a picture. In the dark surroundings his eyes popped more and they are the main focus in the picture (you need to enlarge to see.) In my opinion the picture is almost poetic. He was enclosed in glass in an empty restaurant while the world outside was bursting with energy.

This photograph was captured on my iPhone using the Hipstamatic app. Some minor editing was done in PS CS4. Settings for Hipstamatic were BlacKeys B&W/Lucifer IV

No comments:

Post a Comment