Sunday, October 2, 2011

This is My Church

St.Lawrence Church, Vittoriosa, Malta

St.Lawrence Church in Vittoriosa Malta

"But I have been in some very beautiful churches, then I've looked outside and seen people starving to death." Don Van Vliet
 
A few days ago I posted the dome of the St.Lawrence church and the St.Lawrence statue at the Victory Square. Today I am posting an exterior view of Vittoriosa's St.Lawrence church itself. As I noted in my previous post this church is the oldest church in Malta. 

Right in front of the church (not visible in this picture, but keep an eye out for future posts) there is the Freedom Monument which was erected on the 31st of March 1979 when Malta was freed from the British Colony. Right in front of the monument one can see a beautiful and modern marina. So looking at all this it's like one is looking at a time-line, with the church of St.Lawrence being the oldest and the marina being the newest.

This photograph was captured on my iPhone using the Hipstamatic app. Some minor editing was done in PS CS4. Settings for Hipstamatic were BlacKeys B&W/Lucifer IV

No comments:

Post a Comment