Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Empire

Empire State Building, New York City

Empire State Building in New York City
"Empire and Liberty" Marcus Tullius Cicero
Probably one of the grandest sights in all of New York City. It's simply a landmark that can't be missed. Tourists and New Yorkers alike, look at this gigantic piece of architecture with admiration. It brings with it a lot of history. 

Besides being fascinated with the architecture itself, I was always fascinated with the old pictures of the guys working on the building. The guys that are a couple of stories high acting like it's not dangerous at all. Some are lying on a beam sleeping or eating lunch. I know for a fact that I will never have the guts these brave people who built the Empire State Building in New York City had.

This picture is shot from the ever popular area that's close to Macy's. 34th Street is bustling with energy and I always thought it was actually busier than Times Square. It's an area that I will always keep close to my heart. You can feel chaos yet you can see the organization. 

This photograph was captured on my iPhone using the Hipstamatic app. Some minor editing was done in PS CS4. Settings for Hipstamatic were BlacKeys B&W/Lucifer IV

No comments:

Post a Comment