Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Lady Liberty

Statue of Liberty, New York City

Statue of Liberty in New York City
"I've always had a strong feeling for the Statue of Liberty, because it became the statue of my personal liberty." David Antin
Today I am posting another picture I took from our Water Taxi ride last summer. This time we got closer to the majestic Lady Liberty and the weather was perfect to create the contrast we see in the picture. There were a couple of birds flying around her which added more drama. 

This picture was shot only a few seconds before a huge storm hit us. It was like the Statue of Liberty was holding back the storm until we got some pictures of her and I am glad and grateful towards her.

Look at the statue, it makes me wonder if New York City would still be New York City without this landmark. To me it seems that the Statue of Liberty is New York City even though it resembles liberty and freedom in all states.

This photograph was captured on my iPhone using the Hipstamatic app. Some minor editing was done in PS CS4. Settings for Hipstamatic were BlacKeys B&W/Lucifer IV

No comments:

Post a Comment