Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Statue of Liberty - Fire in Her Hands

Statue of Liberty, New York City

Hipstamatic iPhone New York City Pictures
"I've always had a strong feeling for the Statue of Liberty, because it became the statue of my personal liberty." David Antin

This photo was captured from a New York Water Taxi and is part of the Hipstamatic photography series of New York, Manhattan.

I have always found myself wondering how many tourists visit New York without actually seeing the Statue of Liberty. I have met some that actually forget about it. Most people come to New York for shopping and it's sad to see such materialism obscuring such beauty. 
The Statue of Liberty is one of the most treasured possessions for New Yorkers and North Americans alike. It symbolizes freedom and liberty. It always makes me wonder how immigrants that sailed to New York felt as soon as they saw her.

One thing that most people ask about is her foot. Why is it raised? It's raised as if she is continually on the move, forever bringing freedom to others.

For those who always wondering what's written at the base of the statue here it is:

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me.
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

So if you are in Manhattan, New York make sure you pack your camera and head to downtown Manhattan to see this majestic beauty.  You will not only experience the beauty of the statue but you will also have some photography in your collection that you can be proud with!

The settings on the Hipstamatic camera for this photography series were Libatique 73 Lens/BlacKeys SuperGrain Film. Some minor editing was done in Photoshop CS4.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment