Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Metropolitan

Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York City

Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City
"A museum is a place where one should lose one's head." Renzo Piano
With the upload of this picture, I also have to share a secret...during my 6 years in New York City I was never inclined to step foot in here. Yeah I know it is idiotic but this year it all changed. 

This year at the Metropolitan Museum of Art there was an Alexander McQueen exhibition. I have to also admit that I was never a big fan of his either. But since the exhibition was in town I decided to go give it a visit. It was the biggest decision I've made in my life so far - Alexander McQueen and the Metropolitan Museum of Art...it was also a decision that changed my life inside out.

Both of these things left a huge impact on the way I see the world. Yes, they totally changed my perspective of the world and the people who live in it. It was like I was destined to see the exhibition and the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City together. I am also grateful that the lines for the exhibition were never ending so we got a membership pass to the Metropolitan Museum for a year. This not only let us pass the enormous queues but it also gave me access to go to the museum anytime I wanted to and I took advantage of it. I have visited the museum several times. Every time I set foot in there I always get that same euphoric feeling I got the first time I went there. Now that I see that I was only fooling myself by passing on this magnificent place for such a long time I am planning to make up for the lost time and see everything that it has to offer.

This photograph was captured on my iPhone using the Hipstamatic app. Some minor editing was done in PS CS4. Settings for Hipstamatic were BlacKeys B&W/Lucifer IV

No comments:

Post a Comment