Friday, October 7, 2011

Guardian Angel

Midtown Manhattan, New York City

:A
"Every time you hear a bell ring, it means that some angel's just got his wings." Francis Goodrich
This is the second picture of Angels around New York City. The first one is the one at the Bethesda Terrace. I can't really recall where I saw the Angel in this picture but I am sure it was somewhere in Midtown Manhattan.

This particular Angel I found to be more mesmerizing than the one at the Bethesda Terrace. I don't exactly know why but maybe it's all the details in the statue itself. The light hitting the wings from a certain direction make them seem alive and real. The texture from the stone behind the statue and the texture in the statue itself create a great contrast which make the Angel look more vivid.

Note to visitors and New Yorkers alike...when you are walking always make sure you look up.  If I hadn't looked up when I shot this picture I would have missed this Angel and would have never known that it existed. In New York City you need eyes like a hawk in order to never miss anything!

This photograph was captured on my iPhone using the Hipstamatic app. Some minor editing was done in PS CS4. Settings for Hipstamatic were BlacKeys B&W/Lucifer IV

No comments:

Post a Comment