Thursday, October 6, 2011

Diversity, Srength, Love

Bus Station in New York City

Bus station on the Upper West Side in New York City
"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge." Thomas Carlyle
I shot this picture a few months ago and I have to admit I was blown away with the message on the side of this bus shelter. I have never seen a message this powerful and after reading it once I instantly memorized it.

We all know that New York City is the multicultural center of the world. There are people from every corner of the world living in New York City and this was the most appropriate message to give all of us.

The message goes like this:

"Our DIVERSITY is our greatest STRENGTH. When any New Yorker is attacked for who they are, what they believe or whom they LOVE it is a crime against all of us. Keep our city strong"

Now I am not here to post about self-righteous political topics but we all know that the world (not just New York City) could do with some more love.

This photograph was captured on my iPhone using the Hipstamatic app. Some minor editing was done in PS CS4. Settings for Hipstamatic were BlacKeys B&W/Lucifer IV

No comments:

Post a Comment