Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Window To Eternity

The Cloisters, New York City

Hipstamatic photo of the Cloisters in New York City
"A photograph can be an instant of life captured for eternity that will never cease looking back at you." Brigitte Bardot
Lets be honest right away. I have been avoiding going to this place because for some reason the name didn't sound very appealing to me and I could not imagine how New York City could be the home of something medieval that is genuine. After honesty comes truth. I was wrong, very wrong.

The walk towards The Cloisters was immediately haunting. It was extremely quiet and I got in character very fast. At one point I could hear myself breathing and as most of you know that rarely happens in New York City. 

By the time I arrived at The Cloisters I totally forgot that I was in New York City and when I remembered I found it difficult to believe it. This place is magnificent. I would go there again without hesitation. The rooms are beautiful and as I said very genuine, so genuine that if you concentrate hard enough you can imagine monks walking around in their loose brown robes chanting Gregorian. 

This particular window caught my eye right away. The way the light was hitting it was beautiful and the sun was so bright that if you looked outside you would see nothing except that burst of light you are seeing in the picture. That same light hitting in the chandelier in the middle of the room reflected a nice light on the walls and revealed their texture and colors. 

This photograph was captured on my iPhone using the Hipstamatic app. Some minor editing was done in PS CS4. Settings for Hipstamatic were BlacKeys B&W/Libatique 73 Lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment