Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Alone I Stand

Financial District, New York City

Hipstamatic iPhone New York City Pictures
"A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work." Colin Powell
The quote that's included with this photograph is a quote I came across a few years ago but stayed imprinted in my mind. I think it's very fitting with this photograph. 


This photograph was captured while I was in a New York Water Taxi on the way to the Statue of Liberty. Clouds were starting to engulf the perfect blue sky and in a matter of minutes it was storming but that made the trip more exciting. This particular skyscraper looks exceptionally good on a stormy day and that's because the exterior panels are shiny, almost mirror-like so it reflects whatever color is in the sky. I always thought it looks best when it's cloudy.


The location for this skyscraper is perfect. It's right on the edge of the water and it's the only building that's considered as a skyscraper in the area. It stands out more and whether you want it or not, your eyes will go on it while passing by.

This photograph was captured on my iPhone using the Hipstamatic app. Some minor editing was done in PS CS4. Settings for Hipstamatic were BlacKeys Super Grain Film/Libatique 73 Lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment