Friday, September 16, 2011

The Road to Salvation

Central Park, New York

Hipstamatic iPhone New York City Pictures
"Enlightenment must come little by little - otherwise it would overwhelm." Idries Shah
How many times are we walking in the same spot but always see something different? Many of us don't even notice, while some of us do and try to see what is that one thing that is making the same scene look different. 


On this particular day, while I was walking in Central Park, New York I noticed the shadow on the pavement was creating a nice texture. I have been walking here but I honestly never saw it before. Now it's either because I never bothered to look or maybe it was because the sun was hitting the trees from an angle. To be honest I usually go walk late in the afternoon but this picture was taken in the morning. It was a hazy day which you can see by looking at the soft tones on the trees further away in the photograph. 


When I saw this picture I realized that while walking around in New York, you have to keep an open eye. In New York everything comes and goes fast and you can miss seeing that something beautiful in a blink of an eye. This may sound overwhelming to some people who never experienced New York before but for those who live there, I am sure you know what I mean.

This photograph was shot using Hipstamatic on my iPhone and the settings were Lucifer IV/BlacKeys B&W. I converted it to black and white in PS CS4.

1 comment:

  1. Someone recommended me to visit your blog and I am glad I did. I love all of your Hipstamatic photographs and I can tell that you are very passionate about taking pictures. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete