Wednesday, September 14, 2011

One Last View of New York...For Now

Upper West Side, New York

Hipstamatic iPhone New York City Pictures
"New York is the only real city-city." Truman Capote
This photo was captured at Central Park in Manhattan, New York and is part of the Hipstamatic photography series of New York, Manhattan.

This morning, while I was taking my usual walk around the Jackie Onassis Reservoir, it hit me and it hit me hard. This was my last day in New York City for a couple of months. That's when the melancholy kicked in and I was looking around me like it was my first time in the city. I wanted to take as many mental images of the city as possible so New York can be imprinted in my mind for as long as I stay away.

What you see in the picture is the famous San Remo building, which is a favorite hideaway for stars in New York. 


The weather was not ideal, because it was a little hazy and there was a slight wind so the reflection couldn't be perfect, but it's still good enough.


The settings on the Hipstamatic camera for this photography series were Lucifer VI Lens/BlacKeys Monochrome Film. Some minor adjustments were done in Photoshop CS4.

Also for those who didn't see my other post - I am hosting a giveaway on my blog. I am giving away My Memories Photo Suite 2.0 to one random person. The ending of this giveaway is Sunday, 18th September at 10am EST and you can check it out here: My Memories Photo Suite 2.0 Giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment