Saturday, September 17, 2011

To Protect and Serve

Times Square Police Guard

Hipstamatic iPhone New York City Pictures
"If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater. . . suggest that he wear a tail." Frank Lebowitz
A quick photograph using the Hipstamatic app on iPhone of a policeman and his guard in a Times Square Subway Station in New York. The dog was very restless and it seemed to me that he is dying for some action. He was a very friendly dog though and I wanted to pet him badly, sort of a salute pat as he is doing a noble job. But when it comes to guard dogs I know better than getting close to their owners so I took a wise decision and kept my distance. 

As they say a dog is man's best friend and when you see a dog like this you will truly realize that the saying is true. Dogs, these days are trained to do all sort of things and they are always willing and ready to do their job. That is a true sign of unconditional love and I never understood how certain human beings can show such cruelty towards these creatures. 

This photography was taken a few days before the 10th 9/11 anniversary so as you can imagine New York, particularly Times Square was heavily guarded and I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone involved in our security for keeping us safe - and the thanks also goes out to those animals.

This photograph was shot using Hipstamatic on my iPhone and the settings were Lucifer IV/BlacKeys B&W. I converted it to black and white in PS CS4.

I would like to remind you that the giveaway I am hosting will come to an end tomorrow, so if you would like to participate you can do so here My Memories Photo Suite 2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment