Monday, September 12, 2011

In Memory of 9/11

The New York Fire Department

Hipstamatic iPhone New York City Pictures
"As soon go kindle fire with snow, as seek to quench the fire of love with words." William Shakespeare 
This photo was captured close to Lincoln Center, Upper West Side of Manhattan, New York and is part of the Hipstamatic photography series of New York, Manhattan.
 

 Yesterday we celebrated the 10th anniversary of 9/11 as a nation. I was watching the TV during the name reading and I was swarmed with mixed emotions. Sadness was one of them. I could feel my heart being pressed against my chest seeing all these people still mourning about their loved ones. And who can blame them? Overall I learned a new thing and it was a valuable lesson. I learned how the U.S becomes one nation to mourn all the deceased ones, even if it's just one person. Not many countries can say they do that. I am proud to say that I am part of this nation. 

I want to dedicate this picture to all those service men/women who woke up to go do another day at work and never returned home.

The settings on the Hipstamatic camera for this photography series were Lucifer VI Lens/BlacKeys Monochrome Film. Some minor adjustments were done in Photoshop CS4.

Also for those who didn't see my other post - I am hosting a giveaway on my blog. I am giving away My Memories Photo Suite 2.0 to one random person. The ending o this giveaway is Sunday, 18th September at 10am EST and you can check it out here: My Memories Photo Suite 2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment