Sunday, September 11, 2011

Light at the End of the Tunnel

Riverside Park, New York

Hipstamatic iPhone New York City Pictures
"A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work." Colin Powell
This photo was captured at Riverside Park on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, New York and is part of the Hipstamatic photography series of New York, Manhattan.

This is one of my favorite photographs that I shot in New York. Every time I look at it I can't help but notice something serene in it. It was a non-planned photograph and I had to do it fast as I was going to get hit by bicyclist. But the timing was perfect. The perspective  view of the end of the tunnel, the bicyclist that is exactly in line with the flood light and at the center of the tunnel are all photography traits that make me fall in love with this picture every time I look at it.


As they say, and I do believe it's very true, sometimes spontaneous decisions are the best decisions we ever take. I like to look at this photograph from another perspective view. I always like to think that there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. I know for some of you that means death, but for me it means that there is always hope and a new beginning after every difficult period in life. 


Who knew that in New York, even just a tunnel photograph can turn out to mean a lot for a few individual beings and that is exactly what I love about this New York.


The settings on the Hipstamatic camera for this photography series were Lucifer VI Lens/BlacKeys Monochrome Film. Some minor adjustments were done in Photoshop CS4.

Also for those who didn't see my other post - I am hosting a giveaway on my blog. I am giving away My Memories Photo Suite 2.0 to one random person. The ending of this giveaway is Sunday, 18th September at 10am EST and you can check it out here: My Memories Photo Suite 2.0 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment