Sunday, February 19, 2012

Almost Erotic

Close up photo of water drops on the leaf of an Umbrella Tree

Sometimes unplanned things turn out to be nicer than planned things and here is a perfect example. After watering my plants I grabbed the camera and was playing around with some settings when I accidentally hit the shutter. I didn't even bother to look at the preview.

Later when I was home I was looking at the other photos I snapped and saw this and my jaw almost dropped. I only cropped the photo to remove the unnecessary things that were in sight.

I came up with the title because when I first looked at the photo I thought it depicted something erotic. I don't know what, it was just how my eyes perceived the photo.

The plant is an Umbrella Tree that I bought a few weeks ago. It's been growing like crazy and is one of my favorite plants to photograph (together with the Peace Lily)

The photo was shot with a Canon 40D and a 60mm f/2.8 macro lens, it was then edited and converted to black and white using Photoshop CS4.

No comments:

Post a Comment