Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas is Gone

Republic Street, Valletta

Republic Street in Valletta Malta with Christmas Decorations
"A Merry Christmas to everybody! A happy new year to all the world!" Charles Dickens
So the season came and gone and so did the decorations. I can't believe take months getting prepared to decorate and then it all goes away in a blink. 

Republic Street is one of my favorite streets in Malta. During the day it's a nightmare with all the people walking but at night especially after midnight it's almost totally empty and it's nice and somewhat romantic to take a stroll, especially during Christmas.

When I was walking, I had no intention to take any photos but I couldn't refuse not snapping one of the street.

This black and white photograph was captured on my iPhone using the Hipstamatic app. Some minor editing was done in PS CS4. Settings for Hipstamatic were BlacKeys B&W/Lucifer IV.

No comments:

Post a Comment