Sunday, December 4, 2011

Republic Street

Republic Street, Malta

Republic Street in Valletta, Malta
"A man in the house is worth two in the street." Mae West

Five is my favorite number and when I took this photograph I realized that right in front of me there were five people walking in line right in front of me. It's a coincidence, but it's a nice one.

This is the main street in Malta's capital city, Valletta and it's called Republic Street. It's a really old city that was built by the Knights of St.John and it still features a lot of things that go way back then. The new streets were done a few years ago and I like the element of it. It mixes well with the old historical buildings.

As far as Valletta goes, I usually prefer to get off main streets and go to less frequented ones. There are more subjects to photograph and the back streets are usually very narrow but pack a lot of heart.

I shot this photograph using my iPhone and the Hipstamatic app. Some editing was done using PS CS4.

No comments:

Post a Comment