Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Union at Night

Union Square, New York City

Union Square in New York City at night
 "Night time is really the best time to work.  All the ideas are there to be yours because everyone else is asleep. " Catherine O'Hara


I believe this is the first time I am posting a photograph of Union Square. Union Square is the kind of place that changes its skin at night. In the morning it's all suited up people coming and going to work, but at night, all the weirdest people come out to play and that's exactly why I love this place.

I remember the first time I've been to Union Square at night, I went there to take some photographs but I was shocked with the difference that I just couldn't do anything but look. I fell in love instantly how free the people sitting at the square were. They were not giving a damn what anybody things of them. They were just being them!

Best day to visit is probably Friday, even though Saturday's can be good too. The area is full of good restaurants and nice shopping areas so there is plenty to do.

This  photograph was captured on my iPhone using the Hipstamatic app. Some minor editing was done in PS CS4. Settings for Hipstamatic were John S/Kodot XGrizzled

No comments:

Post a Comment