Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Ascending

Fireworks Display, New York City

Fireworks on New Year's Eve in New York City
"Celebrate what you want to see more of." Thomas J.Peters
Today I am posting another picture in color and the second one in the Fireworks series. This picture, like the other picture was shot at Central Park for the New Year's Eve celebration.

I was just photographing fireworks as they come up and was not paying much attention to how they were turning out. When later, at home, I was looking at the pictures on my computer I realized that this one was my favorite fireworks picture.

It's very gradual - big to small, and brightest to darkest. I love abstract art and personally I think that fireworks on a perfect black night can be a pretty good example. All that bright color against the black canvas (the sky.)

As I said on the other fireworks picture, no you don't need to carry professional DSLRs to take perfect fireworks pictures. A semi-decent compact camera will do the job just fine.

This picture was not shot using my iPhone. It was shot using a very cheap compact camera that did a terrific job! Yeah you don't need to carry endless equipment with you to take picture of fireworks!

No comments:

Post a Comment