Sunday, October 9, 2011

Brothers in the Sky

Columbus Circle, New York City

Black and white photo of Skyscrapers at Columbus Circle in New York City
"The city of New York is like an enormous citadel, a modern Carcassone. Walking between the magnificient skyscrapers one feels the presence on the fringe of a howling, raging mob, a mob with empty bellies, a mob unshaven and in rags." Henry Miller
This is probably one of those pictures that is very close to my heart. It is in my top three all time favorites. It's one of those pictures that is taken in a hurry due to circumstantial events and still turns out to be great. It's one of those pictures that everyone time you look at it you discover something new. 

These two giant skyscrapers can be found at Columbus Circle, Midtown Manhattan. It's one of my favorite spots in all of New York City. The drama never seizes to exist in this part of town and even if you go there a million times you will always discover that new thing that somehow you always missed seeing.

Luckily enough for me, when I shot this picture the weather was terrible. It happens to be my favorite kind of weather and the clouds add more drama to the picture. So now you see why this picture is one of my favorites - dreary weather, Columbus circle, New York City and skyscraper...all subjects very close to my heart. Add those together and you get a picture like the one you are seeing here.

This photograph was captured on my iPhone using the Hipstamatic app. Some minor editing was done in PS CS4. Settings for Hipstamatic were BlacKeys B&W/Lucifer IV

No comments:

Post a Comment