Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Up the Down Staircase

Hipstamatic iPhone New York City Pictures
"Life is a series of steps. Things are done gradually. Once in a while there is a giant step, but most of the time we are taking small, seemingly insignificant steps on the stairway of life." Ralph Ransom

 This photo was captured in a New York apartment building on the Upper West Side and is part of the Hipstamatic photography series of New York, Manhattan.

 This is nothing but an ordinary apartment building on the Upper West Side of  Manhattan, New York. Everytime I visit New York this is the place where I stay and after so many visits to this magnificent city this stairway caught my eyes. In the past I must have been either to busy rushing out and just too brain dead looking at the elevator door waiting to pick me up. But either way I am glad that I have discovered this symmetrical beauty. The marble slabs, even though I am sure are very old, are still in a pristine condition and sometimes I wish they could talk. I am interested to hear some of the stories they have to tell.

This is why it's important that we keep an open eye to everything around us. We never know where we are going to find that beautiful spot. Slowly but surely I am discovering them here in New York, the city that never fails to amaze me.

The settings on the Hipstamatic camera for this photography series were Helga Viking Lens/Claunch 72 Monochrome Film. Some minor adjustments were done in Photoshop CS4.



No comments:

Post a Comment