Saturday, September 10, 2011

Take My Hand and Lead Me

Lincoln Center, New York

Lincoln Center Main Entrance, New York City
"There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs." Unknown
This photo was captured at Lincoln Center on the Upper West Side in Manhattan, New York and is part of the Hipstamatic photography series of New York, Manhattan.

I have been in New York City for six years and even though I walked past the Lincoln Center several times, I have never actually cared to go look inside. Yes, I know it's really stupid.

A few days ago I was walking the Lincoln Center again and it was raining and we had no umbrellas so we had to seek shelter somewhere. I am so glad this was the place that sheltered us. I could not believe that it took me six years to visit the Lincoln Center and further more I couldn't believe that it had to be rain that actually pushed me to go in there or for that I am forever grateful to you, rain!

The Lincoln Center in New York is very grand. As soon as you see the stairs in the picture you will be immediately taken back into the 60's. I don't know if I was dizzy or not but in my head I was seeing beautiful women dressed up in gowns going to see the opera. 

For those who saw the Lincoln Center can agree with me that the building can betray you a little bit. From an exterior point of view, the building looks very modern and sleek. So one can never imagine that the decor inside is totally different. But that is exactly what I love in New York, you think you've seen it all and yet you've seen nothing.

This is the third stair photograph on this blog. The other two can be found here: Towards The Light and Up The Down Staircase 

P.S. In the next couple of days I will be hosting a fantastic giveaway so keep coming back so you won't miss it! 

The settings on the Hipstamatic camera for this photography series were Lucifer VI Lens/BlacKeys Monochrome Film. Some minor adjustments were done in Photoshop CS4.






No comments:

Post a Comment