Thursday, October 27, 2011

Monochromatic

Upper West Side, New York City

Beautiful architecture facade in New York City
"The universe is built on a plan the profound symmetry of which is somehow present in the inner structure of our intellect." Paul Valery

I am dying to leave this picture up to you to judge what it is but then probably you will think it's a million things so I will do the job easier and just go ahead and say what is it.

This is the facade of a building on the Upper West Side in New York City very close to the new Apple Store that's on Broadway.

It boasts different textures and different shades of grey, white and black and the metal pins are metal. Surprisingly enough this facade in the picture always looks different according to the time of day. I have seen it several times at different moments and personally I think it looks best on a rainy day. But by now you know me and you know I prefer rainy days over hot summery days.

This black and white photograph was captured on my iPhone using the Hipstamatic app. Some minor editing was done in PS CS4. Settings for Hipstamatic were BlacKeys B&W/Lucifer IV

No comments:

Post a Comment