Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Lucerne Hotel

Lucerne Hotel, New York City

The Lucerne Hotel in New York City
"Architecture in general is frozen music." Friedrich von Schelling
This piece of architecture has always caught my eyes, since the very first time I landed in New York City. It can be found on the Upper West Side of New York City. It is a popular hotel but the restaurant 'Nice Matin' that is found on the lower portion of the building is more popular than the hotel itself.

Both the restaurant and the hotel are French and even though I've never sat foot at any of them I have heard good things about both. 

As I said earlier, the building strikes me as very dramatic. That could be the deep red color of the stones or maybe because it's the only tower on that block. As you can see from the picture the buildings next to it are quite short in comparison.

This black and white photograph was captured on my iPhone using the Hipstamatic app. Some minor editing was done in PS CS4. Settings for Hipstamatic were BlacKeys B&W/Lucifer IV

No comments:

Post a Comment