Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Towards The Light

A contrast of light and shade in a street found in Valletta, Malta

This street has always caught my eyes at how beautiful it looks when the sun is hitting it from a certain spot. The contrast between light and shade is brilliant and from within a distance it's like you are walking towards a light tunnel. Sometimes it's so bright that you can really see what's at the end of it.

A few days ago I decided to take a walk around the area and while I was busy experimenting with my camera I almost forgot I was walking on one of my favorite streets in Malta. I walked back and took a few photographs.

The street starts in Floriana and goes all the way to Valletta. What you see in the photograph is the sidewalk. Beside it there is a somewhat narrow road and beside that there is a huge square. If you have ever watched Isle of MTV (Malta) you would know what square I am talking about! The party usually takes place at that spot.

This black and white photograph was shot using a Canon 40D with my usual 60mm Macro Lens, which also does a great job at shooting portraits and street scenes. The photograph was converted and edited using Photoshop CS4.

This print can be found at my shop on Etsy: Towards The Light and if you want to browse my other photographs please go here: LRAphotos

No comments:

Post a Comment